Congratulations to all the 2019 THE Awards winners hosted by the brilliant Julian Clary.
The THE Awards are widely recognised as the Oscars of the higher education sector.
Each year we attract hundreds of entries that exemplify the talent, dedication and innovation of individuals and teams across all aspects of university life, showing us countless reasons why our institutions continue to prosper.
And after our esteemed judging panel has toiled over this treasure trove of excellence, our awards evening – where well over a thousand people gather for dinner in London’s largest available room – gives us the perfect opportunity to celebrate and reflect on the extraordinary breadth and depth of our higher education sector.
As ever, the THE Awards are free to enter, and open to all UK higher education institutions.
This year’s categories are as follows:
- The THE Lifetime Achievement Award
- Business School of the Year
- Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year
- Knowledge Exchange/Transfer Initiative of the Year
- Outstanding Strategic Planning Team
- Research Project of the Year: Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Research Project of the Year: STEM
- Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year
- Technological or Digital Innovation of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
- Outstanding Support for Students
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
- Outstanding Library Team
- Outstanding Estates Strategy
- Outstanding Marketing/Communications Team
- Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
- Outstanding Financial Performance
- International Collaboration of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Leadership Development
- Excellence in Registry Services
- Outstanding Technician of the Year
- University of the Year
- THE DataPoints Merit Award
Please click here to see the full criteria.
The winners will be revealed at our gala awards evening at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London on Thursday 28 November 2019.